JOIN THE ALFRED LODGE No 340
We're always interested in talking to men who wish to become Freemasons
From joining as an Entered Apprentice, it typically takes one or two years to become a Master Mason, with each of the three stages marked by a special ceremony.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
Any man over the age of 21 may join regardless of ethnic group, political views, economic standing or religion although he is expected to have a faith. Students over 18 can join one of 73 Universities Scheme Lodges.
UGLE oversees lodges in England, Wales, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, whilst Scotland and Ireland have their own Grand Lodges. The Alfred Lodge No 340 meets in Woodstock, and is part of the Masonic Province of Oxfordshire
HOW DO JOIN?
If you don't know anyone who is a member and who you can talk to, then your first step is to approach Alfred Lodge No 340. (or another which shares your interests) - there are over 7,000 to choose from.
You may be interested to find out more about the Universities Scheme.
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA?
- That you sincerely seek intellectual and moral improvement for yourself and others.
- That you are of sound morals, and do not have a criminal record
- That you have a belief in a supreme being (God as you understand him).
- That that you are able to afford the necessary expenditure without detriment to yourself or your connections.
- Financial ability to pay lodge subscriptions and contributions to charity, without having an adverse impact on your family. (normal Alfred Lodge No 340 Lodge fees are just over £150 per year)
- That you are willing and able to devote part of your time, means and efforts, to the promotion of the aims of our ancient Institution. To make a commitment to attend Lodge meetings, rehearsals, socials and events.
- That you will never seek commercial, social or pecuniary advantage from his membership.
In the first instance please write to our Lodge Secretary stating your name, age and address, and let us know your interest in Freemasonry. It is not necessary, but perhaps you have a friend, relative, family member or work colleague who already is a member. Please click the link below to get in touch.